Yesterday at the Downtown College Park Farmers Market Gina Chersevani, owner of Buffalo & Bergen in DC, stopped by to serve refreshing, non-alcoholic mocktails. Gina used strawberries and sage sold at the market to make the drinks, which were available for sampling by patrons.
If you’d like to try your hand at the delicious drink here’s the ingredient list and directions:
- Pint of strawberries
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- Combine strawberries, water, vinegar, and sugar in a pot
- Heat until strawberries reduce and break apart
- Strain liquid and cool to use as syrup
- Mix 2 ounces of syrup with 6-8 ounces of seltzer water
- Garnish with sage
- For those over 21 years of age, Gina recommends using gin as the spirit for this drink.