Downtown College Park Summer Concert Series
From July 6, 2013 until July 27, 2013
This event series has ended
Between Lehigh Road and Regents Drive
College Park, MD
Looking for something fun to do in town this Summer? Well look no further as the City of College Park and the Downtown College Park Management Authority launch a free summer concert series in July. Beginning Saturday, July 6th, outdoor concerts will be held each Saturday of the month in South Gate Park (see map in the pictures). As for the details and schedule:
- Saturdays in July from 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- South Gate Park (on Route 1 between Lehigh Road and Regents Drive)
- FREE parking is available in the Downtown parking garage all day on Saturday. It is a short walk from there to South Gate Park.
- Paid parking is available directly next to the concert venue as well.
- July 6th - Harp 46
- An acoustic music trio blending distinct styles from around the world using a combination of instruments (harp, bass, drums, and strings). The trio met in the music program at the University of Maryland.
- July 13th - Longtooth
- A group of friends performing an eclectic mix of rock n roll, blues, and soul filled songs from the 60s to today. Covers include U2, The Pretenders, The Doors, Coldplay, and Radiohead so there's something for everyone.
- July 20th - Levi Stephens
- A D.C.-native melding R&B with a variety of genres from soul to rock to gospel. Levi released his first studio album, This Way, in 2010 and regularly plays shows in the region, as well as in New York and Nashville.
- July 27th - Cold Hard Cash
- As the name implies, the band is a tribute to the legendary Johnny Cash. Featuring spot-on recreations of classic tunes, the band is sure to make for a fun night out.
- The concert will be followed by an outdoor movie held at Chapel Field on the University of Maryland Campus.
Alcohol is prohibited at the concerts.