Independence Day Celebration
7:00 pm to 11:00 pm
BEGINNING at 7:00 pm
university of maryland, Lot 1
The University of Maryland and the City of College Park are once again breaking out the red, white and blue for a fabulous Independence Day celebration.
A free concert and fireworks spectacular are on tap for Thursday, July 4, 2013
University of Maryland in Lot 1 adjacent to Campus Drive off Adelphi Road.
Residents are invited to enjoy rock and roll favorites with The Rock & Roll Relics, with their performance starting at 7:00 p.m.
Fireworks Extravaganza will then entertain us at dusk - about 9:00 p.m.. You can expect a 30 to 40 minute program.
In case of storm or weather warning siren seek shelter in Cole (Field house) Student Activity Center.
In case of rain cancellation, there will be fireworks only on Thursday, July 5.
Concessions open at 5:00 p.m. offering hamburgers, hot dogs, funnel cakes, ice cream, snow cones, soda and bottled water.
Grass seating is limited, so bring your lawn chairs and blankets. Personal coolers are also allowed. Great family fun!
For more information: Call: 240-487-3570.
To help navigate traffic congestion, University Police offer the following recommendations:
* Use either the Campus Drive entrance from U.S. Route 1, or the Stadium Drive entrance from Route 193. Follow police directions to parking.
* Arrive early. Heavy traffic is expected to begin around 7:30 p.m. Late cars will be directed to park in outlying lots, which will offer free parking, but shuttle services will not be available.
* Disabled visitors are encouraged to arrive early as disabled parking is limited in Lot AA.
* The best routes to exit campus will be the main Campus Drive gate onto Route 1, or Stadium Drive to Route 193.
* Alcohol and personal fireworks are prohibited on campus. University Police advise residents to bring some food and water, to supplement available concessions.